Pages

From Bricks to Grass



My surrounding create a lot of really interesting moments. With this post I thought I should list some of the most amazing, sad and frightening things I've encountered so far, regarding nature and its inhabitants.


Two wild deers. Two weeks in this adventure I woke up one morning completely sleep drunk. I stumbled out of my tent, fully opened my eyes and immediately spotted to wild deer running a few yards away from me.
 
Insects burned alive. Burning candles during the evening is amazing, it makes me feel at home. But it also invites somewhat unwanted guests including crane flies. They surely are not the smartest animals as they gather in small groups around my candles and dived head first into the flames. I think I saw quite a few of them burn alive 
 
A huge frog. One evening I was startled by a scratching sound. I thought it was outside, maybe a cat or a small rodent who did not like my tent and decided to sharpen its nails on it. After a few moments not being able to locate the source of the sound I went back inside and closed the entrance so nothing could come in. Then I heard the noise again, and a shadow. Adrenaline rushed trough my veins as I realised it was inside my tent. The noise continued, it was moving along the corners of the tent until I finally spotted it. A shiny frog the size of my hand. 
 
A falling star with a blue tail. I was talking to this sweet German guy who was my neighbour for a few days, we were talking about everything and nothing till we fell silent because the clouds had parted and revealed a night sky with an amazing amount of bright shining stars. And after a few seconds I saw a comet the size of a small penny falling towards the horizon. I remember its tail especially well, a bright icy blue.




I hope I get to encounter a lot more moments that make me think, feel and dream. I'm glad I get to have the time and space to pay attention to the smallest and the biggest things in life. I praise myself lucky to be in a place where it feels life with all its forces come together and make sense.

    Day comes after the night and before the night.

    ................................................................................................................................................................................................


    Reading: The Vital Question - Nick Lane
    Listening: The Upbeats
    What's happening today: Back in the city. It's warmer here, but the mood is much colder


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Instagram